Advanced Custom Fields
EASILY EXTEND YOUR SHOPIFY STORE WITH UNLIMITED CUSTOM FIELDS OF ANY TYPE
Advanced Custom Field (ACF) a powerful add-on application for your Shopify store that utilizes Shopify’s Metafields. It enables admins to add, manage, import, and export extra structured metafields to things in Shopify, such as collections, products, customers, pages, product variants, orders, blogs, articles. These extra content fields are more commonly referred to as Custom Fields and can allow you to build websites faster and educate your clients quicker.
You can define custom fields for
- Products, Product Variants and Collections
- Pages, Blogs and Articles
- Customers and Orders
- Your shop
Some example Use Cases:
- Add additional collection descriptions
- Create brand profiles for collections
- Add fields to the product detail page to highlight material, size, measurements
- Create Customer Profiles
You are no longer restricted to a simple "body" field with a basic HTML editor; you can configure an unlimited number of fields, and choose from a whole bunch of useful field types. Whether you need more specific production description fields, such as a way to store product sizes, colors, help manuals, tutorial videos, or if you need fields to store information like images, files, URLs, dates and times, etc, ACF has the field type you need to customize your content.
Almost any kinds of Fields
We've prepared 18+ field types so you can build almost anything you need. ACF supercharge your store with new features when it comes to extra data.
- Group any number of fields with a Group field. You can loop over and display the field data with Repeatable Group
- Dynamically add as many eg "Tabs" as you need with a Repeatable field
Build any kind of form with Basic Data field types:
- Single, multiline Basic Text
- HTML text support WYSIWYG
- Number ranges
- Dates Picker
- Selection: Your own selection lists
- Color pickers
- Custom JSON objects
Build any kind of relation by Reference field types:
With ACF, you can easily define custom fields to cross reference products, collections, blogs, articles, pages and even link lists with each other. Great for building related products, image galleries, linking an article to a product and much much more.
- Reference to Products
- Reference to Collections
- Reference to Pages
- Reference to Articles
- Reference to Linklist
How to use this document
Please read this user guide carefully, it will help you eliminate most of potential problems with incorrect configuration and utilize the best of Advanced Custom Field.
- Advanced Custom Field: basic required knowledge on how to use the app.
- Usage Examples: examples of what can be done with the app. Please make sure you have understand Advanced Custom Field well before going forward to this section.